Frequently Asked Questions:
Does PLS continuing education meet different state requirements?
- PLS is a nationally and internationally recognized CE Provider by the ADA, AADH and Florida CE Broker.
- New York accepts the PLS Infection Control course by its specific standards.
- State regulations change periodically, therefore please refer to and be familiar with your specific current state CE requirements before purchasing a course.
- Some states permit all on-line and some have limits. To search for your state requirements, click here:
- PLS provides face to face seminars, live webinars, clinical practice update and recorded webinars.
- All webinars are interactive. All participants have an opportunity to interact with the speaker either real-time as in a live webinar or via messaging in either a live or on demand webinar.
How do I find out what seminars/webinars PLS is offering?
- Go to https://dev.dev.dev.pls.org/all-courses/ for a complete list of topics. Click on the topic title for full details. When the page opens, scroll down to the bottom for specifics (time, date, description)
How do I register for seminars/webinars?
- Click on the course title, place in shopping cart and check out. Continue the process by filling out a profile form and pay.
- it will open as a new page. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see the course description, date, time, etc.
When will I receive a confirmation and a link to the webinar invite?
- After payment, you will receive an email confirmation.
- SCROLL to the course title and under that, click on “instructions” link. Do this when you first receive the confirmation.
- Open the instructions and fill out the brief form. Click “Register”.
- You will receive an invite to join the meeting and reminders. Click on the link 15 before the meeting to test audio/visual.
Do the courses provide handouts? Only when stated in the “course description – additional information”.
- Live course handout(s) would be a link in the confirmation.
- On demand webinar course handout, would be noted below the video player.
What kind of device can I use?
- Use any device with an internet connection or data, including laptops, desktops, tablets, or your smartphone.
- Whenever possible use a stable, high-speed internet connection.
- Tablets and laptops will provide a better experience than cell phones.
Do PLS topics fulfill mandatory or general requirements?
- Dentists, Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants require different credit hours in a specific timeframe to comply with state license renewals and or national organization. State regulations change often. For the most accurate information, go to your state website.
If I miss a webinar or want to take it at a different time, is that an option?
PLS does have the capability of recordings on select topics within a time frame proximal to the original live webinar. Contact email@example.com for details.
How do I know what courses I need?
Go to your state website for specifics about CE requirements. Below is an example for the CT Department of Public Health: https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Practitioner-Licensing–Investigations/Dentalhygiene/Dental-Hygienist-Continuing-Education
What is the latest I can sign-up?
20 minutes before the webinar begins.
Are there breaks?
Breaks are announced by the speaker. Typically, they are 10-minutes. Music will play during the break time.
Are there test questions and an evaluation to complete?
- Some speaker will provide a short quiz.
- 15 minutes after the course, an email from Survey Monkey (check in spam mail) notifies you to complete a brief quiz/course evaluation.
How do get a Verification Form that shows course completion.
- Complete and submit your evaluation
- Within 48 hours you will be emailed the form
- Retain a copy for your files and provide a copy to your employer (especially Infection Control)
Are there refunds?
PLS provides a link to view the recording, determined by PLS policies.
Can we sign-up as a group, or does everyone need to sign-up separately?
Each person from a group must provide their full name, credential and personal email in order to receive an individual link to the webinar.
What happens if I get disconnected?
Zoom will Log back in on the same device with the same name and email. If you get disconnected again, try using a different device. If you sign in with a phone number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number and full name.,