Frequently Asked Questions:
Does PLS continuing education meet different state requirements?
- PLS is a nationally and internationally recognized CE Provider by the ADA, AADH and Florida CE Broker.
- New York accepts the PLS Infection Control course by its specific standards.
- State regulations change periodically, therefore please refer to your specific state CE for qualifying courses.
- Some states permit all on-line and some have limits.
- PLS provides face to face seminars, live webinars, clinical practice update and online self-study.
How do I find out what seminars/webinars PLS is offering?
- Go to https://pls.org/xcart/seminars for a complete list of topics. Click on the topic title for full details. When the page opens, scroll down to the bottom for specifics (time, date, description)
How do I register for seminars/webinars?
- Click on the course title, place in shopping cart and check out. Continue the process by filling out a profile form and pay.
- it will open as a new page. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see the course description, date, time, etc.
When will I receive a confirmation and a link to the webinar invite?
- After payment, you will receive an email confirmation.
- SCROLL to the course title and under that, click on “instructions” link. Do this when you first receive the confirmation.
- Open the instructions and fill out the brief form. Click “Register”.
- You will receive an invite to join the meeting and reminders. Click on the link 15 before the meeting to test audio/visual.
Do the courses provide handouts?
- Some topics do have handouts. They would be on the confirmation form next to “instructions.”
What kind of device can I use?
- Use any device with an internet connection or data, including laptops, desktops, tablets, or your smartphone.
Do PLS topics fulfill mandatory or general requirements?
- Dentists, Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants require different credit hours in a specific timeframe to comply with state license renewals and or national organization. Click on this link for your state CE regulations (last update: 2017)
If I miss a webinar or want to take it at a different time, is that an option?
PLS does have the capability of recordings on select topics within a time frame proximal to the original live webinar. Contact PLS for details. email@example.com
How do I know what courses I need?
Go to your state website for specifics about CE requirements. Below is an example for the CT Department of Public Health: https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Practitioner-Licensing–Investigations/Dentalhygiene/Dental-Hygienist-Continuing-Education
What is the latest I can sign-up?
20 minutes before the webinar begins.
Are there breaks?
Breaks are announced by the speaker. Typically, they are 10-minutes. Music will play during the break time.
Are there test questions and an evaluation to complete?
- Some presenters will provide a short quiz.
- 15 minutes after the course, an email from Survey Monkey (check in spam mail) notifies you to complete a brief quiz/course evaluation.
How do get a Verification Form that shows course completion.
- Complete and submit your evaluation
- Within 48 hours you will be emailed the form
- Retain a copy for your files and provide a copy to your employer (especially Infection Control)
Are there refunds?
PLS provides a link to view the recording, determined by PLS policies.
Can we sign-up as a group, or does everyone need to sign-up separately?
Each person from a group must provide their full name, credential and personal email in order to receive an individual link to the webinar.
What happens if I get disconnected?
Zoom will Log back in on the same device with the same name and email. If you get disconnected again, try using a different device. If you sign in with a phone number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number and full name.
I attended [the PLS ICE ] prep course yesterday and I took the ICE exam toady 3/11/2017 at 8am. I passed!!!!!! Yeah, I am finally smiling again, thanks so much ,your course was a tremendous help.
I took the Infection Control course on 2-28-18 through Professional Learning Services. I found that the instructor, Catherine Collier, RDH, made this course easy to understand and follow. I would recommend that anyone needing to take this course/exam to request this instructor as the guide for this course.
I graduated from UNE in 2004 then in 2005 got my BS and then I came to you! You were the only one that could give me confidence! I thought I was AWFUL due to what was said to me at southwestern college in National city California. …. you helped me first with the “dummy.”…
I want to thank you sooooo much for offering the course at Spanish River Library, I FINALLY feel really confident in my instrument sharpening!!! I’ve been practicing over 40 years, have taken several courses on instrument sharpening, but I never felt great about my skills. Now, WOW!!! my instruments are really sharp!
RDH Refresher Course ” I traveled 1,190 miles to attend this PLS refresher class and I would absolutely do it again! It made me feel fresh, excited and full of knowledge! Ready to continue my dental hygiene career with confidence. Thank you!
Thank you Joyce–I will send the students this [ https://dynamicdentaledu.com ] information. Very well done–I wish you the best of luck going forward with this endeavor.
The information that we learned at the refresher class has already saved a life. One member of our staff used the skills today to save her toddler from choking.
The CPR/BLS/AED and medical emergency class far exceeded our expectations. Wendy was a wonderful instructor and made it easy to follow along with the hands on aspect of the course.
I’ve taken many CPR classes in my 26 years in the dental profession. This one was by far the best! It was fun and I even learned something new.
“Thought provoking, very educational and interesting”
Thank you so much. Attending the DHRP is one of the best choices I have made. I will definitely keep in touch.
You were amazing from the first time we spoke! I am appreciative of all your knowledge and guidance. I was reinstated today in CT! Couldn’t have done it without the PLS team!
As a professional speaker and management consultant, PLS is first class in every aspect.
Preparation for this DH Refresher Course went smoothly for me, considering how long I have been away from practice. It was very organized and extremely detailed. All of the instructors’ depth of knowledge along with evidence based information and teaching style was awesome. The hands on portion was exactly what was needed to increase my…
Thank you so much for the amazing and supportive education and guidance.